The main objective of Pahal is to serve the humanity while living one’s life. We focus on our fixed priorities. The top most being Health followed by education, environment and language. We provide an opportunity to the people to work for another’s life creatively and constructively. So the welfare of people is the main motive behind the organization.
To be precise, the objectives are :-
- To work with & among the people.
- To engage in creative and constructive social action and inculcate in the human beings the sense of dignity of labour.
- To enhance one’s knowledge of one’s own self and the community through a confrontation with reality of social life.
- To put one’s scholarship to practical use in mitigating atleast some of the social problems.
- To gain skills in community development programmes and to put those skills into practice.
Health being PAHAL’s top most priority, we have provided medical facilities to around 1.5 lacs of people in remote villages. We have arranged facilities for pregnant women and their safe delivery in the rural areas. We have been organizing various medical camps for the checkup of the children from remote areas.
Education is one of the most important factors in social development. Recently PAHAL adopted 10000 slum people. They work in the daytime and in the second half of the day they are taught by the volunteers.
Coming to the environment issues, we planted 5 lac saplings in the Jalandhar district and motivated people to stop deforestation. The awareness programs and blood donating camps go around the year. PAHAL has been organizing blood donating camps in various place in the city.
PAHAL has done its level best in water wisdom ,It is working on drinking water safety,rainwater harvesting and artificial recharging.it has also taken initiatives in waste management ,in NADAP composting ,vermi composting,waste composting etc.